CharlestonWISE - Your Community Energy Efficiency Program
CharlestonWISE is a community based energy program for Charleston County households offering trusted advice and personalized service to make home energy upgrades easy and affordable.
Our expert staff is your personal resource every step of the way to answer questions and ensure complete satisfaction with your home energy upgrade.
Sign-up to access the following CharlestonWISE features:
- Consultation: The CharlestonWISE Energy Advocate is a building science expert who will meet with you and inspect your home to identify where energy is wasted. The Advocate will analyze the “house as a system” and report findings that address comfort and indoor air quality problems too. The CharlestonWISE energy advocate will create a custom plan for home performance upgrades and referrals to quality-assured home performance contractors.
- Home Energy Score: The Sustainability Institute has partnered with the Dept. of Energy as the exclusive provider of Home Energy Scores to Charleston County. The Home Energy Score will evaluate the home’s potential for cost effective upgrades as a preliminary evaluation for program participants.
- Rebates: CharlestonWISE can help you qualify for up to $2500 in rebates from local utility programs.
- Financing: CharlestonWISE home energy upgrades are affordable with low interest financing through the SEEA/SunWest PowerSaver loan program. Homeowners can finance projects up to $25,000 at current rates under 5%. Eligible improvements must include energy efficiency measures and may include renewable energy systems such as solar, ground source heat pump or high efficiency heating and cooling replacements.
- Quality Assured Contractors: CharlestonWISE works only with selects home performance contractors certified by the Building Performance Institute, who guarantee their work meets the CharlestonWISE program standards. The CharlestonWISE program has a full-time Quality Assurance coordinator to perform a quality assurance checks on each and every job, including field inspections of completed work.
- Limited Offer: CharlestonWISE is available only to 300 households as a pilot program to grow the market for home energy upgrades. We make the process simple, affordable and reliable.
The WISE tag is an acronym for Worthwhile Investments Save Energy and highlights the economic, health and comfort benefits of home energy improvements. Sign up now and join the CharlestonWISE community of savvy homeowners who save money while enjoying better indoor comfort and environmental quality.
CharlestonWISE is a program of The Sustainability Institute in partnership with the City of Charleston, Southeast Energy Efficiency Alliance (SEEA), and Living Cities.